NJ Cannabis Insider Live
10:30am - 4:30pm
Location: New Jersey Convention & Exposition Center, Edison, NJ (map)
Format: Networking/sponsor interaction, vendor expo, interspersed with high-profile speakers, expert panelists and Q&A sessions
- Beth Stavola, iAnthus Chief Strategy Officer. Stavola, a New Jersey native who is considered a rock star in the local industry, helped lead two businesses in the cannabis/hemp space — MPX Bioceuticals and CBD for Life.
Additional speakers and panelists: We’ve designed multi-track panels that range from entry-level to those deep in the weeds. These include:
What the Current and Future State of Cannabis Looks Like in New Jersey
- Colleen Mahr, president of the N.J. League of Municipalities
- Bill Pascrell III, a lobbyist at Princeton Public Affairs
- Beth Stavola, CSO of iAnthus, founder of CBD for Life
- Fruqan Mouzon, cannabis chair at McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter
How to Get Into The Business
- Arlene Quiñones Perez, attorney at DeCotiis, FitzPatrick, Cole & Giblin
- Scott Rudder, president of New Jersey CannaBusiness Assn.
- Stacey Udell, director of business valuation and forensic accounting at HBK
- Michael Nashat, CEO of TerrAscend
Hemp & CBD: Business Opportunities in These Developing Industries
- Ken VandeVrede, CEO of Hillview Med
- Lee Vartan, an attorney at Chiesa, Shahinian & Giantomasi
- Jennifer Cabrera, an attorney at Vicente Sederberg
- Faye Coleman, CEO of Pure Genesis
What Professionals Your Business Needs to Succeed
- Sheila M. Mints, attorney at Capehard Scatchard
- Tara Sargente, founder of Blazin’ Bakery and executive director of NJ CannaBusiness Assn.
- Sean Mack, attorney at Pashman Stein Walder Hayden
What the Medical Community Should Know
- Sanjay Gupta, MD, president of American Pain Assn.
- Susan Greenberg, MD, president at Adult Medical Oncology/Hematology Group
- Robert Chapdelaine, MD, of Mid-Atlantic Pain Specialists
- Jessie Gill, RN, the nurse behind Marijuana Mommy
Navigating the Complexities of Compliance
- Deborah R. Miran, a former member of the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission
- Michael Cooper, a compliance attorney with MadisonJay Solutions
Women in Leadership Roundtable
- Charlana McKeithen, executive director at Garden State NORML
- Sarah Fajardo, marijuana policy director of ACLU-NJ
Attendees will also interact at a mini expo of New Jersey’s established dispensaries, and those looking to open up shop in the near future.
With the expansion of medical marijuana in New Jersey, there’s been a burst of economic opportunities in the nascent cannabis industry. Only one true source of news and information has been covering it for more than a year: the weekly industry trade report, NJ Cannabis Insider, a new product from NJ Advance Media, the media company behind NJ.com and The Star-Ledger. With exclusive content and live events for and about the legal marijuana and hemp industries, NJ Cannabis Insider remains unrivaled in its reporting and making connections for professionals.