The Cannabis Economy: Are You Ready?
8:30am - 11:30am
Location: National Conference Center, East Windsor (map)
Expansion of the state's medical marijuana program and legalization of adult use cannabis may be just around the corner. Hear what policymakers are saying and what it could mean to your business. Employers will need to plan and address potential issues that may arise due to legal cannabis use. Learn from experts about becoming a cannabis business owner in New Jersey.
Fee: $70 Members, $95 Future MembersMore Info Download iCal
5:00pm - 9:00pm
Location: New Jersey Performing Arts Center 1 Center Street Newark, NJ 07102 (map)
Only a few days left until the region’s premier industry event!
ACLU-NJ has partnered with Accelerate Cannabis to bring together the emerging cannabis industry for an evening of engaging discussion and vital networking.
Accelerate Cannabis will be an unforgettable evening at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark, NJ on February 19th from 5:00-9:00pm.
Don’t miss out!
REGISTER NOW AT: ACCELERATE CANNABIS
And register for only $149 with coupon code: ACACLUNJ149
2019 brings us closer than ever to progress at the state, federal, and international level, away from prohibition and towards sustainable regulation. Learn what the next phase may look like and how you can get involved!
Hear from new voices with perspectives on the region alongside local insiders as we discuss what to expect in the next phase:
- Jeff Brown, New Jersey Department of Health
- Ellie Siegel, Longview Strategic
- Maruf Raza, MNP
- Troy Kaplan, Verano Holdings
- Kristin L. Jordan, Greenspoon Marder
- Geoff Pope, AON Risk Solutions
- Evan Eneman, ELLO
- Chris Driessen, Organa Brands
- Dasheeda Dawson, MJM Strategy
- Debra Borchardt, Green Market Report
- Scott Rudder, New Jersey CannaBusiness Association
- Michael Markarian, Contempo Specialty Packaging
- Katie Kincaid, Eaze
- Dianna Houenou, ACLU-NJ
- Bridget Hill-Zayet, Hoban Law Group
- Dara Servis, New Jersey Cannabis Industry Association
- Melissa Dardani, EisnerAmper LLP
We are proud to be a part of Accelerate Cannabis and hope to see you there February 19th!More Info Download iCal
Community Forum: Pot Comes to Pway?
6:30pm - 8:00pm
Location: Westergard Library, 20 Murray Ave., Piscataway, NJ (map)
NJ Cannabis Insider Live
10:30am - 4:30pm
Location: New Jersey Convention & Exposition Center, Edison, NJ (map)
Format: Networking/sponsor interaction, vendor expo, interspersed with high-profile speakers, expert panelists and Q&A sessions
- Beth Stavola, iAnthus Chief Strategy Officer. Stavola, a New Jersey native who is considered a rock star in the local industry, helped lead two businesses in the cannabis/hemp space — MPX Bioceuticals and CBD for Life.
Additional speakers and panelists: We’ve designed multi-track panels that range from entry-level to those deep in the weeds. These include:
What the Current and Future State of Cannabis Looks Like in New Jersey
- Colleen Mahr, president of the N.J. League of Municipalities
- Bill Pascrell III, a lobbyist at Princeton Public Affairs
- Beth Stavola, CSO of iAnthus, founder of CBD for Life
- Fruqan Mouzon, cannabis chair at McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter
How to Get Into The Business
- Arlene Quiñones Perez, attorney at DeCotiis, FitzPatrick, Cole & Giblin
- Scott Rudder, president of New Jersey CannaBusiness Assn.
- Stacey Udell, director of business valuation and forensic accounting at HBK
- Michael Nashat, CEO of TerrAscend
Hemp & CBD: Business Opportunities in These Developing Industries
- Ken VandeVrede, CEO of Hillview Med
- Lee Vartan, an attorney at Chiesa, Shahinian & Giantomasi
- Jennifer Cabrera, an attorney at Vicente Sederberg
- Faye Coleman, CEO of Pure Genesis
What Professionals Your Business Needs to Succeed
- Sheila M. Mints, attorney at Capehard Scatchard
- Tara Sargente, founder of Blazin’ Bakery and executive director of NJ CannaBusiness Assn.
- Sean Mack, attorney at Pashman Stein Walder Hayden
What the Medical Community Should Know
- Sanjay Gupta, MD, president of American Pain Assn.
- Susan Greenberg, MD, president at Adult Medical Oncology/Hematology Group
- Robert Chapdelaine, MD, of Mid-Atlantic Pain Specialists
- Jessie Gill, RN, the nurse behind Marijuana Mommy
Navigating the Complexities of Compliance
- Deborah R. Miran, a former member of the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission
- Michael Cooper, a compliance attorney with MadisonJay Solutions
Women in Leadership Roundtable
- Charlana McKeithen, executive director at Garden State NORML
- Sarah Fajardo, marijuana policy director of ACLU-NJ
Attendees will also interact at a mini expo of New Jersey’s established dispensaries, and those looking to open up shop in the near future.
With the expansion of medical marijuana in New Jersey, there’s been a burst of economic opportunities in the nascent cannabis industry. Only one true source of news and information has been covering it for more than a year: the weekly industry trade report, NJ Cannabis Insider, a new product from NJ Advance Media, the media company behind NJ.com and The Star-Ledger. With exclusive content and live events for and about the legal marijuana and hemp industries, NJ Cannabis Insider remains unrivaled in its reporting and making connections for professionals.